List of the Private Ports of India
( Source: International Private Ports & Terminals Association)
- Bharat Mumbai Container Terminals Pvt. Ltd.
- Chennai container terminal Pvt Ltd
- Chennai International Terminals Pvt ltd
- DP World Pvt.Ltd
- Gateway Terminals India Pvt. Ltd.
- Gujarat Pipavav Port Ltd
- India Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd.
- Indian Molasses Company
- Mundra International Container Terminal Pvt. Ltd.
- Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal Pvt. Ltd.
- PSA Sical Terminals Ltd.
- RAS Infraport Pvt. Ltd.
- South West Port Ltd.
- TM International Logistics Ltd.
- Visakha Container Terminal Pvt. Ltd.
- Vizag General Cargo Berth Pvt. Ltd
- Vizag Seaport Pvt Ltd
List of Ports in Indian State-Wise
- Kandla- Kutch District - Gujarat
- Mumbai- Mumbai Port Trust - Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust - Maharashtra
- Marmugoa - Vasco Da Gama - Goa
- New Manglore Port - Panambur - Karnataka
- Cochin - Kerala
- Haldia - West Bengal
- Paradip - Jagatsinghpur, Odisha
- Vishakapatnam - Andhra Pradesh
- Chennai - Tamil Nadu
- Ennore - Tamil Nadu
- V.O Chidambaranar Port - Tamil Nadu
- Lothal Port - Gujarat( Considered as Ancient Port)
Which is the Largest Port of India??????
- It is the Jawaharlal Nehru Port.
- It is the Largest Container port in India.
- It is also known as 'Nhava Sheva' in Maharashtra.
- The port is located on the coast of Arabian Sea.
- It accounts almost 40% of the total volume of container volume handled per year in India.
Oldest Port in India
It is one of the oldest port ever discovered in India. It was excavated from the Indus Valley Civilisation of India. It was located near the Saragwala in Ahmedabad.
- Lothal Port
The Kolkata was built in the period of East India Company. It was located near the riverside of Kolkata. It is one of the oldest ports in India.
Calicut is famous for the legacy of factual period in Kerala. The Vasco Da Gama, a Portuguese Explorer and the first european to reach India by Sea, landed in Kappad Beach, near Kozhikode.
The Calicut Port thus, famous for the export of Hand-woven Cotton Cloth and Spices in Kerala.
- Chennai Port
- Tuticorin Port